From April 4th to 12th , the annual Philly Tech Week celebrates the growth of technology and innovation in the region for its fourth time. Philly Tech Week kicked off on April 5th with its kickoff party, Arcade @ The Oval. The highlight of the party goes to Drexel University’s Dr. Frank Lee’s launch of a giant two-sided game of Tetris on Cira Centre – setting the Guinness World Record for world’s tallest video game.
Throughout the week, attendees have the opportunity to learn about Philadelphia’s technology through informative workshops and networking events.
If you haven’t made it out to Philly Tech Week yet, here are some of our suggestions of events you can’t miss:
• #PTW14 After Hours: Every night of Tech Week, the party continues after hours at neighborhood bars all around town during #PTW14 After Hours. Check out the full schedule of events to find the designated bar of the night — like The Kite & Key on April 4, Frankford Hall on April 8 and Pub & Kitchen on April 9.
When: Multiple days, April 4-12
Where: Multiple locations
Cost: Pay as you go
• Philly Startup Leaders Entrepreneur Expo: A meeting of the entrepreneurial minds, the Philly Startup Leaders Entrepreneur Expo arrives at the huge space at the 23rd Street Armory to promote conversation around innovation. Both aspiring and successful entrepreneurs will be on hand to talk about best practices, new ideas and cool technology. The expo is free to attend, but there’s a $50 charge to exhibit.
When: Wednesday, April 9, 7-10 p.m.
Where: 23rd Street Armory, 22 S. 23rd Street
Cost: Free, attendees; $50, exhibitors
• Exploring Civic Volunteering with Technology: Kickoff for Commit Service Pledge: Do you have tech skills to share? Attend this morning event to learn how and take the Commit Service Pledge, a one-year commitment to volunteer with others tech community to help local nonprofits and citizens.
When: Thursday, April 10, 8-10 a.m.
Where: 1810 Conference Suite, 1810 Liacouras Walk
• Brewery Bash: Head to Yards Brewing Company and raise a glass to the world of technology during the Brewery Bash. Organizations 50onRed and Leadnomics join up with Technically Philly, RJMetrics and Baer Crossey to host a brew-fueled affair with a live DJ, brewery tours, games and more.
When: Thursday, April 10, 7-10:30 p.m.
Where: Yards Brewing Company, 901 Delaware Avenue
Cost: Free admission, pay as you go
• N3RD Street BBQ: North 3rd Street has long been unofficially known as N3RD Street, thanks to the confluence of awesomely nerdy businesses on the street. On Friday, April 11, the City of Philadelphia will officially recognize the nickname in a City naming ceremony at the N3RD Street BBQ bash. The alfresco party is free to attend, but you can RSVP here.
When: Friday, April 11, 2-6 p.m.
Where: Liberty Lands Park, 926 American Street
• Signature Event Closing Party: Head to the Comcast Center for this year’s Philly Tech Week Signature Event Closing Party. The awe-inspiring headquarters for Philadelphia’s communications corporation, Comcast, serves as the venue for this techie networking event masquerading as a cocktail soiree. Key points of interest: an open bar and local technology expo! Note that this event historically sells out, so grab tickets online now.
When: Friday, April 11, 7-10 p.m.
Where: Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Boulevard
To learn more about Philly Tech week – head over to http://2014.phillytechweek.com